Thursday 1 July 2010

June stats

So while I've tried to find time to bed in the 3 Wood the reality of family life made that extremely tough. Getting to the range is hard for me as I've spent more time than normal working in London and have a choice of going to the range or the course on a weekend and invariably choose the course. To compensate I've worked harder on my short game and putting and I hope that by taking a more conservative approach from the tee next month I'll see my scores tumble. If I don't then I'm really deeply mired in the brown stuff!!!

I really need something to click soon so I can remain upbeat and positive, otherwise I fear I will start to get a little despondent by my apparent lack of progress.

Practice


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


0


0%


Other Woods


40


8%


200 - 250 yards


0


0%


150 – 200 yards


20


4%


100 – 150 yards


15


3%


Short Approach


350


66%


Bunker Play


0


0%


Putting


105


20%


Total


530


100%


Less than nine hours this month on top of three rounds but as I didn't compile a scorecard for the disaster that was Stapleford Abbotts I just have two rounds to report on.

Rounds
So my FIR has been a lot better, which in turn is impacting on my GIR. Sand saves has also dropped but then again I only found the sand twice in June. My putting is slightly better this month, but my scrambling stat goes down. Then again it's hard to scramble par when you are three off the tee and my large number of penalties up by two, paints a very telling picture.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


31%


21


Greens in Regulation


11%


20


Putts per Round


35


17


Birdie Conversion


0%


28+


Par Scrambles


3%


28+


Sand Saves


0%


28%


Penalties per Round


5.5


28+


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

So once again the key area for improvement next month is my performance from the tee. Rather than 'mastering' the long irons and 3 Wood my focus will be on taking less club for increased accuracy. I pray it works.