Friday 2 July 2010

Confidence drying up...

Spent 50 minutes on putting practice yesterday and went up to the club today to practice my approach shots on the practice area for an hour. It was the first time I have ventured up to the club in a fortnight and I was stunned by what I saw. The greens were like emeralds beset in a dusty crown. The green keepers have done a fantastic job during the latest heat wave and  they are playing beautifully. However, like many clubs we are feeling the pinch and as a result the fairways are as arid as a camel's hoof. Dry and dusty like a desolate wasteland I struggled with my ball striking today and the spring in my step ahead of Sunday has now been severely dented.

I'm teeing off at 09.20 and there won't be a downpour to soften the course before then, so here's hoping my confidence comes flooding back...

No comments:

Post a Comment