Thursday 8 July 2010

The little man...

When he could stand I bought the little man his first football. I'm obviously bias but he's got a cracking left peg already. So this week he got his first taste of golf. We bought him a little plastic golf set complete with a putter, iron and wood. Ok so far he lacks the co-ordination and sweeps it round the floor like a broom but he does put the ball on the little tees very nicely.

It's the first stepping stone and I'm looking forward to getting him his first proper clubs and taking him down to the club to play putting and chipping games. What does worry me is that in a few years he'll be rinsing me of all my loose change as he drains putt after putt and holes chip after chip. Oh well a small price to pay for some good quality father and son bonding.