Wednesday 7 July 2010

In my head...?

I'm planning on having a good laugh on the course on Saturday. My regular playing partner will be keeping my score so all I'll be concerned with is cracking that little white sphere around. I'll be whacking all my sticks and will be pleased if I drain a few long putts, hit a couple of solid approaches and put at least one chip close. Probably the most excited I've been about playing for quite some time.

I'm also wondering if my slightly more carefree approach will see me quit on fewer shots. Had a bit of an issue with the hard ground last time out and was petrified of thinning it through the green, down the A12 and into the sea at Lowestoft. I wonder if I'll now just hit the bloody thing and whether that will ironically yield better results.

I'm not sure how long the honeymoon period will last but I'll be enjoying it to the max this weekend.