Saturday 31 July 2010

I need to get to the range...urgently

Oh dear. 35 putts, really solid short game and a score of 114. Could not find the middle of any club till I got within 100 yards. Played solo today and got absolutely soaked. Missed the companionship of a playing partner or two that would have made the game more enjoyable and may have helped me relax a little.

I'm going to focus on the positives. The new putting stroke and grip is working well and I snaked one in from the fringe on the first hole. The tweaks in terms of ball position, now in the middle of my stance, has enhanced my chipping quite a lot. I need to spend some time working on my alignment on chips and pitches as a few times I was pin high but off on direction. The challenge is still getting myself into positions to score. I didn't get to the range yesterday and it cost me today. I'll definitely be making a trip this week.

This game is really quite brutal as it chews you up and spits you out. It's so frustrating to be playing well around the green when your play of the tee is so woeful. Medal next week and my final handicap card.

114 (71)
5(3), 7(5), 3(3), 9(4), 10(5), 5(3), 7(5), 5(4), 5(4), 7(4), 3(3), 7(5), 10(4), 9(4), 9(4), 4(4), 5(4), 4(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment