Sunday 11 July 2010

Cracking day despite crappy play

No idea what I scored today and couldn't tell you any stats. Took it easy on the golf front this week, no practice and no expectation. Went out this morning to have fun and on that front today was a phenomenol success. Played silly mini games, closest the pin, straightest tee shot betting each other to try and hit the pin etc.

Neither of us brought our C game let alone our A game but we had a good laugh ribbing each other when it went tits up and applauding when we played a good shot. My best hole came on the 8th but despite hitting my approach to ten feet I blew the chance for my first birdie. That said it didn't really phase me.

The bad shots mainly went left and I'm hoping to get some practice time in this week to work on my set up and pre shot routine. I've definitely not given up wanting to improve and will hopefully get some practice this week. Got a lot on with work at the moment so will probably gear up my playing, practice and lesson time toward the end of the month. In the meantime it's just nice to be playing for fun again...

No comments:

Post a Comment