Thursday 15 July 2010

What's in Northern Irish water at the moment!

First off G-Mac blows us all away at the US Open with a quite brilliant nerve shredding performance at Pebble Beach. Now Rory Mc goes and tears up the auld lady. Wow and when you consider that he should have birdied 16 you have to think that he is going to take some stopping. I was impressed with Tiger who looked menacingly steady and with Westwood going well it good make for a fascinating weekend.

I'll definitely be having a flutter on the four majors from now on, and it's good to know that both my players are still in it. I'll probably spread my bets a little more next time but hey ho it's a learning curve.

As for golf that's had to take a back seat recently because work has been so busy. I fancy a spot of putting this evening but would prefer to be doing that and some pitching practice up at the course. Oh well hopefully out for 18 on Saturday here's hoping I'll be inspired by the stellar cast of The 150th Anniversary of The Open Championship! One thing I've noticed is how smooth their tempo is. I'll be looking to be a little more circumspect next time out.