Wednesday 19 May 2010

Wedge fund

Had my usual lunchtime practice session today and was hitting my mates lob wedge better than my gap, especially on chips. Think I'm now completely convinced that a lob wedge should be my next purchase, I just need to decide on bounce options now. Currently have my Gap Wedge in .08 and Sand Wedge in .11 so thinking about getting .04 for the lob, although Titleist also do a .07. I feel another conversation with my pro coming on...

Also upset a walker today, can't for the life of me figure out why. I was hitting balls on the heath, he popped out of the woods on an afternoon walk with his wife. I immediately stopped hitting half shots with my PW and went back to chip shots with the lob wedge. Yet inexplicably he decides to take umbridge and start kicking my one of my balls. At first I thought he hit it by accident until he very clearly proceeded to 'dribble' it 50 yards out of my way. I could almost see his chest puffing up with pride as he nonchalantly flicked it to the side as he passed out of view. I just watched in utter disbelief.  Oh well, that numpty aside a very enjoyable 45 minutes. Now I just need Nevada Bobs to call and say my 3 Wood has arrived...

No comments:

Post a Comment