Monday 10 May 2010

Lone Ranger

I played on my own for the first time yesterday and was a little nervous about my ball spotting ability (or lack of) contributing to hours spent searching for my ball during a fruitless and dull round. I couldn't have been more wrong. Once I got over my early nerves/anxieties I played some pretty good scrambling golf. By that I mean that if I hit a good tee shot, I'd follow up with a poor approach or vice versa. I hit no GIR and only 3 FIR. On both counts these were my among my worst statistics yet I posted my best ever score of 105 with 31 stableford points.

Highlight of the round for me was saving par on the 10th with an up and down from the sand, my first ever sand save. I almost chipped in to save par on the 17th and also recorded my first ever par on a par five hole. Doing some wedge practice later today (as more often than not my approach let me down) but I think I am starting to learn how to score. I was also pleased with how I didn't let bad shots affect and instead saw them as opportunities to rescue par or secure bogey at the very worst. Playing again on Thursday and Saturday, hopefully things will continue to improve.

105 (71)
6(3), 8(5), 4(3), 9(4), 7(5), 5(3), 5(5), 5(4), 5(4), 4(4), 5(3), 6(5), 6(4), 6(4), 7(4), 7(4), 5(4), 5(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment