Saturday 15 May 2010

Jealousy?

Played today and though the short game still needs a lot more work I was fairly pleased with my performance. What is interesting is now I am blowing up on the par 3's and scoring pretty well on the longer par 4's/ par 5's. Got par for the second time running on hole 7 par 5 and am hitting the 5 iron pretty consistently. I seem to have lost my way a little with the 4 iron but I think it's partly a confidence thing.

Tried Srixon AD333's today courtesy of the wonderful chaps at Golf Monthly and I have to say I may have fallen in love. Not as impressive around and on the greens as the ProV1x, but given how cheap they are in comparison, they are a very decent ball. Definitely better than the NXT Tour in my opinion and will probably be my ball of choice over the winter.

Anyway onto the jealousy. I've often remarked on these pages that my putting is the strongest part of my game. However, today I had six, yes that's right six three putts. Took the Scotty out today and I think it's feeling a tad anxious following the arrival of the Nike Method putter. To be fair getting them both out and drooling over the Nike the day before a game probably upset the Scotty more than a little. Back out again next week so we'll see if the Cameron has got over its touch of the green eyed monster and behaves itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment