Sunday 23 May 2010

Heaven help me...

I need some divine intervention, inspiration or something, and I need it now. With just two weeks to go till my first medal things are not going anywhere. I'm hoping to get acquainted with the 3 Wood and a much needed lesson on Friday but I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round. One week the long game's great and the short game is awful and the next it all spins on its head. A blob on the last hole meant I had an incomplete round but I scored 104 till that point.

This week it was the long irons that went AWOL, mainly snap hooks. Once again I returned 9 holes with a decent score, +6, with +30 for the other 8 holes. I just can't find any consistency, but I will remain positive. Chipped in for a great par on the 6th hole, hit a great recovery 7 iron to help save par after a woeful tee shot on the 17th and hit a a cracking approach on the short par 4 10th.

We left our bags just shy of 200 yards from the tee and I aimed my 5 iron tee shot at the bags thinking it would never carry that far. The picture left is the end result, probably my best shot of the day.

To be fair given how I was playing just two months ago, I have come a long way, but it's just frustrating that I'm not scoring better. Today it was the snap hooks giving me major issues off the tee and costing me a bucketload of shots.

In terms of testing, the jury is out on the lob wedge. Borrowed a demo Vokey 60.7 hit one great shot, two good shots and three poor ones with it today. However, the trolley made a massive difference in the sweltering heat and I for once performed better on the back nine. A total of five pars which I think is my best ever return, will check on SS2 later. So a lot to be pleased about but still loads to work on.

104 (68)
3(3), 10(5), 3(3), 8(4), 8(5), 3(3), 8(5), 6(4), 7(4), 4(4), 4(3), 9(5), 6(4), 7(4), 9(4), 5(4), 4(4), - (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment