Thursday 13 May 2010

Bad day at the office

Half day today so hit the course on my own. Things didn't go well and after 7 holes I decided that my time would be better spent on the practice hole. Spent the best part of three hours hitting approaches, chips, bunker shots and putts trying to get up and down as often as possible. Definitely much more worthwhile than playing the remaining holes. Got a game Saturday so hope the short game work has a positive impact.

As for my long game I either have a slight fade or drill it dead straight about 40 yards too far left. Definitely something going awry in my set up. Hope to have a lesson soon to put things right. Will get the swing recorded tomorrow as it's been a while since I've posted an updated video.

Next dilemma is coming as I struggled to play my 56 wedge on tight lies because of the bounce. However from the rough I was dropping and stopping it within six feet. Wondering whether a 60 degree wedge might be a worthwhile addition or whether my next purchase should be a 5W / 2iron hybrid. Oh well we'll see how I get on when the 3 wood arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment