Tuesday 25 May 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

Following the snow we have now had one of our driest Springs. The groundstaff are quite understandably concerned about balancing our reservoir levels and watering the fairways in case the summer is as fierce as the winter was harsh. Foolishly I thought it would be good for the course to get some belated April showers. The golfing gods, who are always mischievous, have duly obliged with a forecast of five solid days of rain over the Bank Holiday weekend.

Not quite what I was hoping for. While I will quite happily don the waterproofs and head out in a deluge, my missus will be somewhat upset that my rain dance has spoilt good quality family time. Obviously, I do not have other worldly metereological powers, if I did the snow would have disappeared as soon as it arrived. But the fact I have been openly saying "I think the course could do with a spot of rain", comments often greeted with a great deal of consternation, will still make me culpable for the arrival of this spell of 'bad' weather.

These days I don't handle the heat as well and if it had not been for the arrival of the Powakaddy I might have struggled to complete 18 on Sunday. That said I am praying that Michael Fish and co have got it wrong and there is a sunnier outlook this weekend. Knowing my luck it will be at the exact time I'm playing golf. Oh well at least we've got a comfy sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment