Monday 17 May 2010

Shopping frenzy

Well the 3 Wood is due to arrive this week and will hopefully be ably supported on the weekend by another new acquisition. I have decided that I need to relieve some of the effort from each round. My swing is becoming noticeably tired and sloppy in the latter stages of every round and so I have invested in a Powakaddy Twinline 3 trolley to ease the burden. So that's two major purchases in a week and they say things happen in threes...

Borrowed my friends Cleveland CG10 60 degree lob wedge to have a little practice and play. Took it over to the heath today, and though I'll need a lot more practice off tight lies, I think buying one could have a positive impact on my game. Too often I hit chips with the gap that keep rolling past the hole (and off the other side of the green on bad days). Given the choice I'd hit the SW every time but it has way too much bounce for me to use effectively on the fairway at the moment. There's also less chance of me quitting on the shot with a lob wedge. That said I've spent way too much money this month but June...

No comments:

Post a Comment