Monday 3 May 2010

Bad day at the office

I had one of those days today where I just didn't want to keep playing. Thing is my ball striking was pretty good, my chipping not too bad and my putting solid. But the fecking wind!!!! I either didn't allow enough, or too much or it died and the ball went dead straight or it was in your face. I hit one GIR today by aiming 40 yards left of my target and allowing the wind to bring it back on target. Countless good shots wasted because of the weather deciding to take my ball and send it miles right.

It was a learning curve and took a 4 on the 18th by hitting a bump and run with my three iron, chip and two putt. List countless balls where they just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. But I'm sure it landed here!!!!

To add insult to injury I found the thick rough on the 15th and chunked my 6 iron on a concealed stone. I only hope it is just cosmetic.

All in all an unmitigated disaster. Saturdays lesson is to focus on bump n run and punch shots.

Comments:

Homer

I’m at the other end of the spectrum I played with HTL in a 4 ball better ball comp which subject to ratification we’ve won. He was awesome and my game got swept along on the back of his performance and so it has given me confidence back even if technically I’m still struggling.

It was hard in the wind and its only something you’ll learn how to play in with experience. Nicklaus always said let the wind be your friend and so if its left to right aim left and don’t try to manufacture anything and let the wind do the work. Into the wind you’ll need to learn how to hit lower flighted shots but as I say it comes with time.

Never give in. Once you walk off once it becomes too easy to do it again and again. Accept its a bad day at the office and look for that one shot per round you can look back on

No comments:

Post a Comment