Thursday 13 May 2010

Thank you Golf Monthly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest compliment you can bestow on any writer is recognition of their work. Now it may not be the Nobel Prize for Literature or the Mann Booker Prize. It may not have been a lengthy tome or a cutting edge piece of journalism. It may not have been extraordinary, colourful verse likely to eke significant envy from the Poet Laureate herself. But to me that does not matter, we must all start somewhere and to say that I was stunned, delighted and overwhelmed to win the best Course Review competition with Golf Monthly would be an understatement.

I've won a couple of things in my time for letters and submissions but nothing with a three figure price tag. Might be small fry for many but I am overjoyed. So thank you Golf Monthly for making me an extremely happy man.

The unedited version of my review will be appearing in all its glory in the reviews section this weekend, when hopefully I can get my new XML template to work and have a revamped blog for you to enjoy on Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. you got a prize! did you win the putter?
    nice one, well done.

    looking forward to the new blog home.
    have just revamped mine with a new facelift etc.
    see you around
    cheers

    Simon
    http://newgolfer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon, Yes indeed I did win the putter and a lovely piece of kit it is too. I'll drop in on your new look site soon, once I've sorted out this one. T

    ReplyDelete