Wednesday 23 June 2010

Vicious circle

Same every week and now becoming increasingly frustrating. I play on the weekend, have a bit of a mare, am enlightened by an epiphany, resolve how I need to adapt/improve my game, do a bit of practice on my short game, get to Wednesday evening and think I just want to get out and play. Guaranteed by the time the weekend comes it won't go according to plan and I have to wait yet another week before I get a chance to put it right.

I'm luckier than a lot of people in the amount of golf I get to play but I'd love to be a bit selfish, take a week off work and play everyday. I feel it would make such a difference but the guilt (and sadness) of not spending quality time with Tiger junior would be too much to bear.

I just can't get golf out of my head. When I'm waiting for the bus/train I pretend practice my chipping/pitching stroke, when I'm in bed I'm playing my course in my head, when I'm sitting on the train I'm Reading a magazine or a book or a forum or I'm writing a post on here (like I am today).

I'm obsessed and maybe, just maybe I might need help and no I'm not referring to my long iron swing, though now I mention it...