Saturday 12 June 2010

Turning point?

I had a lesson today and feel this may present a turning point in my quest. We looked at my issues with the 3 Wood and long irons going right. The longer the club the further right they flew. The technical problem is that my weight was too far back in my swing causing me to be too open coming into impact. In cricketing terms I was playing beautiful cover drives, which tends to cause a fade/slice in golf.

Tried a couple of exercises and while I won't claim to have eradicated the problem I smashed a sufficient number of balls arrow straight into the back fence to have resolved a number of concerns. My teaching pro may well be a salesman but to be fair like the rest of us he is trying to make a living in tough economic times. That aside he is an exceptionally gifted coach and a good laugh to boot and though I may have doubted some of his past advice it seems he came up trumps again with the shaft recommendation. The G15 is an absolute beauty and if I can rein myself in enough to let the club do the work I could be in business.

So I am sticking with my pro, I have a new found confidence in my 3 Wood and hope I may well be about to turn the corner.