Thursday 10 June 2010

Sibling Rivalry II: the terrifying sequel

As you may recall I played eldest bro about six weeks ago on my track. I had a mare, posted my worst ever score and narrowly lost. Thing is oldest bro has never been a stand out golfer but plays for enjoyment and we had a great day together, hopefully the first of many. This weekend I'm set to play my other brother who again has a few years on me and has been playing golf for ages. He's ultra competitive but having played pro football I guess that's understandable. Since I took up the game he upped the anti on his own getting lessons and remodelling his swing. To add a bit of extra spice we'll be playing together as part of a bit of a gala day at Staplefords Golf Club, Essex.

So competitive bro + new course + lots of other people playing = a good test of mental character. The way I'm looking at it, it's going to be a similar degree of pressure as I faced when I played my medal and that can only hold me in good stead for the future, and next month's medal.

I have a lesson on Saturday which will determine whether the 3 Wood makes the journey with me. Aiming to feel my way into the course and play my own game and of course to paraphrase in the immortal words of Kevin Keegan "I would love it, just love it if I beat him!"

To find out more about Staleford Abbotts click here.