Wednesday 2 June 2010

May stats

This month saw the continuation of my flirtation with the wood family of clubs. The 3 Wood has now arrived in the bag and hopefully it will boost my performance from the tee and reduce my scores further. As a result I expect a little more time with the 3 Wood next month as hopefully we sow the seeds of a long, loving relationship!

What has been most pleasing however has been the significant improvement in my short game. Having spent large proportions of my practice time focussing on chips and pitches my performance when I miss the greens is starting to noticeably improve.

Practice
This month saw a return to prioritising my short game in my available practice time.

Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


45


7%


Other Woods


30


5%


200 - 250 yards


15


2%


150 – 200 yards


25


4%


100 – 150 yards


55


9%


Short Approach


275


45%


Bunker Play


30


5%


Putting


142


23%


Total


617


100%


So just over 10 hours practice last month, approximately 2.5 hours a week alongside at least a round per week. Obviously I'd love to play and practice more frequently but I'm satisfied with the amount of golf I'm currently cramming in to my hectic life.

Rounds
Interestingly my scoring ability is starting to improve despite a drop in my FIR performance. This owes mainly to improve scrambling performance and a greater number of GIR. As you would expect my improved performance in GIR had a negative impact on my putts per round.

Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


31%


21


Greens in Regulation


10%


21


Putts per Round


37.07


23


Birdie Conversion


0%


28+


Par Scrambles


12%


23


Sand Saves


11%


15


Penalties per Round


3.49


28+


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

The key area for improvement next month is my performance from the tee. This is where I am picking up the majority of penalties and a reduction in the number of penalties and a higher percentage of FIR is a main objective. If I can then maintain my performance into and around the greens I'll hopefully see my scores start to tumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment