Friday 27 May 2011

World War Three...

Has kicked off massively at home. What is it with wimmin? I consider myself to be a decent bloke. Hand on heart I can say it is an extremely rare occurrence for me to go out to the pub of an evening. I often dash back after golf to give us the maximum amount of time in the afternoon to go out and do something as a family. We live in Ipswich as that's where she is from but because of the nature of my work I have a four and a half hour commute into London for work. This means I get very little me time during the week. I play every Saturday morning at 8am and am normally home by 11.30-12pm we have lunch go out with the littl'un, everyone's a winner. We also introduced a calendar system whereby any plans such as evenings out, extra golf etc gets put up in advance.

Got a few Golf Monthly Forum members coming down to play my track on Monday and it's been on the calendar for about six weeks. However, she assumed that because I was playing Monday I wouldn't play on Saturday. Well you know what they say about why you should never 'ass-u-me' anything. So when she asks me what we're doing on Saturday and I say I thought we'd take the littl'un out in the afternoon she goes mental.

Now if I'd played a lot of golf recently I'd understand, however it's been the exact opposite. We've just come back from a family holiday to Italy (which was my birthday present to her) so I didn't play the weekend we went and only played nine holes on the Sunday morning when we got back (at the same time she was out on her long run). I can't play next weekend as we are away and I've taken Thursday off work to go to the Suffolk show with her and the littl'un.

Will she take any of this into consideration? Will she 'eck. The steam is billowing from my ears as I type. Aaaarggh!!!! Well I'm playing tomorrow morning, I'm playing Monday morning and if she wants to ruin the rest of the long weekend by cutting her nose off to spite her face than so be it. I just hope that she eventually sees reason! Right off to chill out as the last thing I need is to hack my way round the course tomorrow. No a nice PB would be lovely. Fiver says that when I rush back from the course tomorrow they will still be in their pyjamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment