Friday 13 May 2011

Sod's Law

Why is it that just as you are starting to make some progress an untimely break from golf gets in the way? Maybe it's work, or an injury, poor weather or a family holiday but just as you think things are clicking you are kept off the course.

After getting my first cut I was worried about the snap hook that was hurting my cards. I went out in 54 that day but played really well on the back nine. We changed my grip and it took a while to get used to and I carded two nightmare front nines a measly 9 pts in the swindle and a shocking 60 (+24) in the medal.

I carried on working hard and perseverance paid off as I scored 17pts, then 19pts in my last two times out playing the front nine. I also feel I'm capable of doing much better. Last night three poor (and avoidable) shots ruined my card yet I still scored those 19 points. One playing the hero shot and nottsking my medicine, one unnecessarily sliced approach went I looked up to see to arrow in on the flag and one wedge shot where I over thought everything and left it short as a result.

The point is that I feel like I am on the crest of a wave but now have to take a break from golf for ten days. My only hope is that I can pick up where I left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment