Sunday 29 May 2011

Brownie points required

Gents I need help. I have fallen so far out of favour with HID that a reunion between Avram Grant, Ambramovich and Chelsea seems much more likely than domestic reconciliation. To be fair I made a rod for my own back. If the two games in three days world war was provocative in the extreme then my compulsive sport viewing has turned things apocalyptic. To place it in the appropriate context we are not talking about clothes being flung from a bedroom window along with a suitcase to pack them in. No this is far worse. Underneath the pleasantries I firmly believe lurks an unwillingness to support my future golf endeavours. If this bites into reality it could seriously derail my progress.

In my defence this weekend is an unprecedented one on the sporting calendar. The Champions League Final, Monaco Grand Prix, French Open, First Test in Cardiff (although it has been fairly drab thus far) and of course the BMW Championship at Wentworth. Though we are out this evening and yesterday's sport was punctuated by a shopping excursion that included the gift of two new tops, I fear that I have not done enough.

There are many of you that will be more experienced in navigating this domestic minefield than me. Your advice would be most welcome. I think I'm turning the corner but without an understanding and supportive spouse my progress may well be scuppered before it leaves the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment