Tuesday 10 May 2011

Ray of sunshine

Despite the glorious weather the outlook on my golf game has been somewhat overcast. However, today the clouds peeled back and the sun shone as things began to click. The key to this change of fortune is simple: a much better pre shot routine and a shorter backswing. Biggest surprise is that I'm still hitting the ball a similar distance, which is probably due to cleaner ball striking.

Don't get me wrong it's far from perfect, but definitely a huge step in the right direction. From nine holes today I hit four GIR and narrowly missed landing a fifth. After slappy tee shots on the 1st and 2nd my ball striking got so much better. I feel that I may have just turned the corner. I didn't convert my chances today but that was due to rushing the short game to focus on long game.

The one remaining issue to resolve is to get my 3 wood firing again. Still skying it but hope to resolve that in the near future. But for now things are looking up!

51(36)
5(3), 8(5), 3(3), 6(4), 8(5), 4(3), 7(5), 5(4), 5(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment