Saturday 21 May 2011

Bonjourno!

On the road up to the Grotte de Castullo in Sirmione
Just back from a week long break on Lake Garda so apologies for the lack of updates (though I did time a couple to appear while I was away). Had a fantastic time and would highly recommend a trip to this beautiful region in Italy. We stayed in Malcesine which is a cracking town but when we go next time (and there will be a next time) we'll be heading to Sirmione. In a word: mesmerising.

Surprised to report that I didn't miss golf as much as I thought I would. That mainly owed to fantastic fun I had with my family as we enjoyed our first trip abroad together. Due to my MS treatment I have not been able to travel overseas for the last couple of years and it made a welcome break.

I'll be hitting the club tomorrow though and that will be the litmus test as to whether the bvreak was a timely one or has wreaked more havoc with my progress. Fingers crossed I can get at least nine holes in but with the weather how it is I think I'll struggle to get a tee time. One big disappointment has been the lack of rain during my absence. I have a feeling the fairways might be like tarmac tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment