Friday 4 February 2011

Year of the Rabbit

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year and this year's animal of choice is the rabbit. After the overly bold, non event that was the Year of the Tiger, I wonder what this year will bring? Last year was certainly a reality check and tomorrow will be the first examination of how much I have learnt. My lowest ever round off the whites is a whopping 106, but I now feel less intimidated playing off the back tees. I have certainly lowered my expectations and understand that I need to assess each shot on merit and be mindful of my capabilities. Ferocious cavalier shots are definitely a thing of the past, I've lost too many balls and strokes that way. Inevitably, that has historically led to poor scores and m ore importantly impact on my mindset for subsequent shots and holes.

Playing with two chaps I've not met before and I'm hoping that will have a positive influence. It has been nice over the past few weeks getting to know different people up at the club and tomorrow shpuld be another enjoyable experience. Watching low handicappers manage their way around the course is a real eye opener and seeing all golfers bounce back from poor shots has been a tremendous education.

Less than two months till the start of the new season, I'm excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment