Saturday 12 February 2011

I'm sure it landed around here...

Played in the swindle this morning, road tested the D3 910 Driver, had an absolute mare on the course whilst simultaneously having a damn good laugh. Played with Royce and Paul today and they were fantastic company. We were the first group drawn out of the hat and as we set off Paul enquired as to what handicap I would be playing off. The reply? 18... nice! Feeling the pressure I hit my first iron off the toe and my drive on second out of bounds. That kind of summed up my day: trouble off the tee and a battle from there on to score.

I did not get on with the D3 at all today, though partly this was due to me hurrying the backswing at times and lifting my head way too early. Nonetheless, I persevered with it, what's the point of a road test if you don't use the club on every possible occasion. This meant that I did not take my usual approach on many holes and got myself into a ton of trouble off the tee.

Not a single GIR today and only 17% FIR tells it's own story. That said the short game was much better and even the lob wedge made a few stellar guest appearances. All in all today was an education and I think playing in the swindle will make me a better player in the future...especially off 18! I'm not overly concerned by my score today as it isn't really a true reflection of my game. Using the driver hurt me on nearly every single hole so it will definitely be the more forgiving D2 for me!!!

99 (66)
6(3), 7(5), 3(3), 7(4), 8(5), 4(3), -(5), 5(4), 5(4), 5(4), 6(3), 9(5), 7(4), 6(4), 5(4), 6(4), 5(4), 5(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment