Friday 18 February 2011

Warming up...

Ridiculously cold today and I wasn't prepared for it. Narrowly squeezed in nine holes and it was a good preparation for tomorrow's Winter League. Got off to a scrappy start and a woeful 7 but things picked up and my ball striking for the nine holes was pretty solid. No penalties and hit two of the par 3's in regulation. Still struggling a little with the hybrid but I think this may be down to ball position in my set up. Going to move it a bit forward tomorrow to see if that makes a difference. A couple of pars, a couple of blobs and 17 stableford points. It could have been better but I really struggled to putt today with cold numb hands. No one putts, too many three putts and a complete inability to judge distance.

That said I am finding ditching the practice and playing whenever I can a real liberation. It's more fun, it's more interesting and it is making me a better player. I honestly think I could have shaved six putts off today if I could feel my hands and that is massive. I'll be warming up properly tomorrow morning to avoid a first hole disaster. I'll also be taking my winter mitts and some hand warmers. Excited? Doesn't even come close!

51 (36)
7(3), 7(5), 3(3), 6(4), 6(5), 3(3), 9(5), 5(4), 5(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment