Sunday 6 February 2011

Blown off course

Unfortunately, I am not referring to the strong winds decimating cards across the country, those playing links you have my sympathy. No the title is in reference to the dreaded lurgy which has not abated so once again I am unable to play in the medal. I am disappointed as I have never felt better going into a competition and was really looking forward to my first medal since November. I felt a cut was in the offing but it was not to be.

That said I have had a great time playing with my son and I imagine we'll be going out for a kickabout later. In a couple of years time I'll be properly introducing him to the great game and on days like this we'll both be out playing some fun chipping or putting games.

If I am lucky the better half will feel better this afternoon and I'll be able to get nine holes in before the darkness sets in. It would be great to get out there again, quite possibly with the demo driver in the bag.The 3rd round of the Winter League is in a fortnight and with combined stableford scores off full handicap there is a chance for me and my partner to make up some lost ground, and for me to get that elusive cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment