Monday 7 February 2011

Smiling...

Actually to be honest that is an understatement, I am positively beaming. Started work extra early today so I could take a guilt free extended lunch break and sneak in six holes of golf. Managed seven in the end and I am as happy as Larry. Now I'm not sure exactly who this Larry chap is, his surname seems to have been lost in the world of quirky English phrases, but whoever he is he must be well chuffed today because I am flying. My 3 wood and hybrid got me in plenty of trouble today and the wind was really tough. The damage was caused on the three par 5's where I tried to hit the ball too blinking hard. Conversely, when I played more relaxed on the three par 3's and one par 4 I scored +2 for those four holes. Two pars, two bogeys, happy days. Playing much better golf now and joining the regular Saturday morning swindle group this weekend. I'm hoping that this will help harpen my game up while meeting some other members of the club.

Big thanks to Paul and his sons Domonic and Ben who invited me to join them today. Great company and a thoroughly enjoyable stroll on the parkland. Talking to Domonic has certainly whetted my apetite to play Woodbridge, but I'll wait till I'm a little more accurate before I do that!

40 (28)
4(3), 8(5), 3(3), 5(4), 10(5), 3(3), 7(5)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your enjoying it mate.

    Are you talking about playing Woodbridge GC in Suffolk??

    Played there last year over three days and really enjoyed it, lovely course and a nice mix of holes. Cracking knock.

    If your talking about the Woodbridge in Wiltshire, do not go anywhere near it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the one in Suffolk but I'll make sure if I'm ever in Wiltshire I'll give its namesake a wide berth.

    Thanks for the comments, really don't know if my enjoyment is spurring improvement or t'other way round but when I am relaxed on the course my iron play, short game and putting are so much better and seem really natural - like I've been doing it for years. Hoping the longer clubs will follow suit in the near future!!!

    ReplyDelete