Sunday 27 February 2011

Spring is in the air...

The new season is just one month away and things are looking up. The most important thing has been meeting new people at the club. It makes such a massive difference playing with good company and as I enter my second year I actually feel like a real member of the club. Not only is the company much appreciated but also the supportive words of advice that are offered at opportune moments. It is no coincidence that my performances on course have improved whilst playing wih the members of the swindle. Their pearls of wisdom and expert ball finding skills have enabled me to be more relaxed while executing shots and unsurprisingly the results have been much better. I'm also enjoying my golf more and taking the opportunity to observe how lower handicappers manage their game, the course and the elements. Presently, my brain is a sponge relentlessly soaking up golf knowledge. The challenge is identifying which parts are most applicable to me.

I really hope the course dries out this week so that next week's medal is on. It would be great to finish this golf season with a lower handicap and start the new one with some momentum. When the clocks go forward I'll also be able to spend more time at the club playing a few holes and honing my short game. I have made another slight alteration to the Pelz 4x3 wedge system. Rather than a quarter swing pitch, which I struggled to execute consistently, I now play a chip shot with a longer back swing, producing similar distance but with more control. More on that later this week.

The sun's out, spring is in the air and there is most definitely a spring in my step...

No comments:

Post a Comment