Sunday 14 February 2010

The Year of the Tiger

Well it's the Chinese New Year and I don't think that there's any coincidence that this year is the year of the Tiger.

I've had a bit of a disappointing weekend from a golfing perspective. Enjoyed a fantastic night with my brother to celebrate his 40th on Friday, and the missus was away at a Hen Do this weekend so I was on parenting duty Saturday and Sunday. Factor in the need to whip up some slow braised lamb shanks for Valentines dinner and I have had exactly zero golf since Wednesday night. However, I've sharpened my mind by reading a bit of Dr Bob and running through my plan of action for the year. I had expected a few raised eyebrows regarding my game plan but I am convinced that this approach will work for me and there are just ten days till my golfing odyssey truly begins in earnest.

My namesake has had a bit longer than a golf free weekend and rumours of his return at the WGC Championship proved unfounded and inaccurate. I look at the apparent 'decline' of Tiger prior to the massive revelations and I can't help thinking that his loss of form coincided with his sins and transgressions. If he can save his marriage and get back on the course I actually expect him to be better than before. In fact I seriously think that his Year of the Tiger will get underway with yet another green jacket.

As for me I see a very interesting three months ahead, but with my positive mental attitude packed and ready, I'm geared up to tackle it head on. Dr Bob paraphrases a 19th Century philosopher William James in "Putting out of your Mind". The actual quote is "belief creates the actual fact". I believe my handicap is going to tumble this year, I believe that I am going to get much, much better at this wonderful game and I believe that this will be a poignant Year of the Tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment