Sunday 7 February 2010

Trust, believe, relax & swing...

Things are improving though I'm still not taking the ability I know I have onto the course. The positives from today are:

  • No card wrecking disaster holes, double bogey worst score

  • Though it is still a work in progress, chipping with the 8 iron is producing better results

  • I am getting closer to the green off the tee and hit more long than short today

  • Putting continues to be solid with 15 putts taken on the 9 hole (this despite a very upsetting 3 putt when I hit a GIR)


Things to work on:

  • Chipping, chipping, chipping. If I could chip decently I think I could be pretty useful

  • Few too many fat shots today

  • Wasted a couple of great opportunities today, 3 putt on my sole GIR and then hit a 6 iron to within 5 yards of the green of 181 yard 7th and still walked off with a 5

  • I play better when I trust in my swing, believe in my shot, relax at address then swing. Need to do this more often


So in the end a 39. Not great but two shots lower than handicap and a clear understanding of where I need to improve. I'll be over the heath tomorrow then with the 8 and GW in tow. Fingers crossed things will get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment