Wednesday 3 August 2011

I hate Parcelforce!

As per usual Pat delivered just one package that day
My young son does like watching Postman Pat and watching the big nosed, feline loving postie's adventures reminds me periodically of the worst bits of our postal service. Don't get me wrong I think postie's are generally overworked and underpaid and that a huge burden on our postal service is how private firms can utilise it for the less profitable elements of their business. That said as Postman Pat spends yet another episode in Greendale performing some form of community service, and seemingly delivering no letters or parcels, it makes me wonder if 'art' has an uncanny knack of mirroring reality.

Mrs Goggins: Greendale hussy?
My driver was posted through Parcelforce 48hr delivery on Friday. Now, while I'll allow the weekend because I'm a generous kind of chap, I'd expect it to have arrived by close of play Tuesday. It's now midday Wednesday and there is still no sign of it. The tracking number tells me it is in Ipswich,but probably jammed at the back of a van that was sent out to Lowestoft in the early hours of the morning. Some of you with young children may familiar with the Postman Pat spin off 'Special Delivery'. In this show he somehow manages to deliver a single package A DAY, usually after a run of terrible bad luck you may join me in prayer that once the sheep have been cleared from the road, Jess rescued from the well and Mrs Goggins' (the Kim Catrall of Greendale) has her 'needs' satisfied that the rosy cheeked Pat will arrive just before I leave the house.

In the meantime I am annoyingly unable to go over to the heath and practice on my lunch break, as that would be the time they would most likely try to deliver. To make matters worse tonight is also my midweek golf night and I'd love to take my new driver down the driving range to see whether it could go into the bag for Saturday's medal, but alas I fear it will not arrive in time. Looks like I'll be visiting the golf club ce soir to hit some irons and work on my short game. Sad times!

No comments:

Post a Comment