Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tough interview process...

I am so sorry about the lack of updates. Over the past two weeks I have had this job on my mind. You see, every now and then a job comes onto the market that makes you think wow, I would love to do that. I turned my back on the corporate sector shortly during my sabbatical year after completing my degree. I guess I realised that whatever it was I did for a living, it had to make the world a better place. My initial driver was sport and supporting more of hte public to take part but after a few years I realised that giving children and young people the best possible start in life was what made me most excited.

So when this job was advertised I had to apply. A large number of people went for the post, just over 130 I understand. A telephone interview, a presentation and a panel interview later and I am in the final two for braced for a couple of one hour interviews on Thursday. It has potentially been a distraction over the past couple of weeks but by Friday I should know whether I have managed to land this life changing opportunity. Everything that is crossable is crossed and I'll be heading to the golf course on Wednesday night to help keep the nerves at bay and my mind relaxed. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment