Monday 8 August 2011

Desperate times...

Possibly the final act of a desperate man. Having taken time to reflect on what went wrong on Saturday I have decided I need to work on my tempo. To achieve this on the course I think I need to get it right in practice. So, when my brother asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said "a metronome". This may seem like a crazy idea but when people think I'm a mid teen handicap based on my swing and the numbers tell a different story, I need to do something.

This is my logic. I play my best golf when I swing at 80%. Perfect practice makes perfect. So I need to make sure I have the same tempo for EVERY shot I hit in practice. This should help to reproduce that tempo when I play. A metronome will help me to consistently practice to the same tempo.

Step two is working on my on course thinking and I am very grateful to Simon for lending me audio Bob Rotella. This is being uploaded on my iPhone this evening in the hope that it will help embed the necessary mindset to help me score better. As I begin my third year of playing golf a 0.5 decrease does not mirror the amount of energy, practice and most importantly technical improvement I have made. I'm not doing myself justice in competitions and I need to rectify that as soon as possible. Either that or change the title of the blog to 'The Farcical Ramblings of an Inept Golfer".

No comments:

Post a Comment