Thursday 11 August 2011

Absence

I apologise for not posting the past couple of days. I have spent an inordinate amount of time on the Golf Monthly forum debating the recent riots and haven't played any golf either. My apologies, but I am back now and ready to update you with the latest instalment of my exploits at trying to get better at this great game.

My birthday present from my brother has landed, a digital metronome with an ear phone jack. The idea is to find a tempo that works best for my swing and then use the metronome to reinforce that tempo when I practice. In time I hope that the tempo will be trained well enough to become my natural rhythm. It may seem like a long shot, but after last week's medal I am sure that it is erractic timing caused by tension on the course that is holding me back.

I'll be out for my usual practice session at lunch and this evening and so will be able to test whether or not the metronome helps. Full report on its first outings tomorrow. If you fancy giving it a try yourself click on the link below to buy your very own.

Qwik Time Metronome - QT7

No comments:

Post a Comment