Thursday 18 August 2011

Soaked and buoyant

Trust me. Jumbo putting grips are the way forward!
Windswept and saturated with incessant rain that at times got a tad heavy. As I arrived at the course the pro and his assistant were arriving. The initial comment was that I was mad, I insisted on a rephrase to keen. Given the elements I decided to play the 1st as my warm up hole and play the next nine holes.

Result? Well three bad tee shots 2nd, 4th & 5th holes but other than that I played pretty well. Finished the nine holes with a score of 48 (37) which is -2 nett for me. My mid irons through to my putting was really solid and I think I have turned the corner. The metronome has made a massive difference as I try to keep the tick tock rhythm in my head when I stand over the ball.

However, biggest stand out performer today was the new grip on my putter. Wow. Pace was bang on every time and apart from one hole where I got the break horribly wrong it showed a lot of promise. Solid, unspectacular and comfortably under handicap. Let's hope I can keep the same frame of mind on Saturday when I have a card in my hand.

48 (37)
7(5), 3(3), 7(4), 8(5), 4(3), 6(5), 4(4), 5(4), 4(4)