Tuesday 2 August 2011

Changing of the guard...

Well today should be the day that my driver arrives and if it goes in the bag another club needs to make way. I am determined to get the G15 hybrid to work so that's staying. On medal day I need my 3 iron for tee shots on the 1st, sometimes the 6th and the 14th. So it looks as though the lob wedge needs to go, at least for maintenance. The lob doesn't have the same shaft as my other wedges, nor the same grip and it isn't 4 degrees upright. This means I can use it fine around the green but not on approaches where it could add value. I'm going to look into getting it adjusted but recently it has caused more harm than good so for now it is out.

I've also worked my way through my Z-Star stocks with some lost and others resident in the practice bag. Rather than trying the new 4-piece Z-Star XV, I've decided to run with the Bridgestone B330s. I have fond memories of using one that was kindly given to me and hope it will prove to be a winner, at least while the greens remain firm. I guess it's a bit of a gamble with the medal on Saturday but faint heart never won fair maiden!

So in order to boost my accuracy and control I've opted for a new ball and some adjustments to my lob wedge. Once it is fixed it will be interesting to see what club bites the bullet then. In keeping with the theme of wedge accuracy I'll leave you today with a completely random, yet totally brilliant European Tour video. What a sad day that we need to rely on a Frenchman to protect our coastline from pirates. Avast me hearties!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment