Tuesday 12 April 2011

Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow...

How quick are your greens at the moment? Having watched the professionals literally tapping 30 foot putts at Augusta it reinforced how slow our greens are at the moment. They will speed up over the summer but at present it's tough going. Long putts are slowing up way before the cup but the biggest problem is those short four footers. They just bobble off line. I need to get in the habit of stroking them slightly firmer.

I would be really interested to know the stimpmeter reading of them right now and what it is when they are at their quickest. My biggest fear is the impact it will have on how my game travels. When I last played Brett Vale it was like putting on glass in comparison.

Either way I need to make more time to practice my putting at the club. Went on the matt this evening and gave up after a few. It just doesn't help matters as it's way too slick. Any budding inventors out there a putting matt with a more realistic club level stimp rating wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment