Friday 1 April 2011

March statistics

End of my first golf season and the signs for season two are very positive. I have no fear hitting any of my clubs. My swing is more consistent and reliable. I can trust in my swing much more and I think after a small tweak my putting will be back on track. Season 2011/12 is one where I am starting off knowing how to score and believing in my ability to do so.

Now I didn't practie as much as I would have liked to last month, but with the lighter evenings that is about to change. More time spent on the practice area honing my swing and short game can only be a good thing. The Masters is a week away, Spring is in the air and I my friends am very, very excited!

Practice
Having a look at the table below I'll give you on guess as to where I haven't been this month? Yes I have cut the driving range asunder and bizarrely my performance with my long clubs has got better in the same time frame. Instead I've been grooving swing changes with my 7 and 8 iron on the practice hole with a fair smattering of short game practice. Knocking on for 11 hours but I have neglected my putting and the consequences for that can be seen on my round stats below. I'll make amends next month, promise!


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


0


0%


Other Woods


0


0%


200 - 250 yards


0


0%


150 – 200 yards


0


0%


100 – 150 yards


180


28%


Short Approach


300


47%


Bunker Play


20


3%


Putting


145


22%


Total


645


100%


Rounds
Check out that GIR stat. It may have knocked my putting average for six but it tells me two things. I'm spending more time on the fairway with a chance to hit the green and I'm converting more of those chances. In fact my GIR stats would be higher if I hit more fairways, that's the level of confidence I have in my wedges. I am letting myself down on birdie conversion but to be honest plenty of two putt pars doesn't leave me overly worried. The scrambling, sand save and birdie stats can wait. For now more consistent scoring, fewer disasters and plenty of pars and bogeys is what I am after.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


29% (26%)


22 (23)


Greens in Regulation


18% (8%)


15 (23)


Putts per Round


35.17 (33.98)


 15 (15)


Birdie Conversion


0% (17%)


 28+ (8)


Par Scrambles


4% (5%)


28+ (28+)


Sand Saves


0% (20%)


28+ (9)


Penalties per Round


1.38 (2.7)


14 (27)


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

April medal tomorrow, looking forward to getting the new season off with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment