Wednesday 6 April 2011

It's a family affair...

The four amigos will be stalking the fairways come Saturday
Very excited about this weekend. My brother's and nephew are heading east for our first family golf day. It's the thing that has had me most excited since I started playing, a chance to get together, have plenty of banter and a keenly contested game. As with all siblings we are uber competitive but until now our sporting exploits have been comparative or on the same team. One interesting record was that when the three brothers played in the same cricket team we never lost a game. If we'd had my nephew we probably wouldn't have drawn any either.

I have played with my brothers individually but it will be the first time ever we're on the course as a collective. Now both of them are infrequent golfers and Miguel has revamped his swing with lessons. That said he was once a mid teen handicapper and they both hit it a bloody long way. Hoping not to get sucked into a driving contest and concentrate on my own game. After recent performances a good start could set me up to break 90 for the first time and I'd love to do that in their company.

Whatever the outcome Saturday is going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment