Saturday 23 April 2011

Carlsberg don't do golf lessons...

Spent a supreme half an hour with my teaching pro today and made a massive leap forwards. As per usual the first ten minutes tidied up a recurring bad habit: on this occasion the flex in my right knee. Once that was sorted my pro adjusted my right hand on my grip. Well blow me down with a feather, tickle me with a duster and call me Susan. It was like the missing piece of the jigsaw had finally been slotted into place. Now don't get me wrong I still need to work on it but suddenly everything made sense, my swing was more repeatable and the results when I caught a good'un were breathtaking (well fo me anyway).

After my last lesson I have worked hard on flattening my swing plane which my pro was happy with. The change in the grip simply moved my right hand round more so my palm faced the target. It still feels a little weird but not only are my good shots better, but more importantly my bad shots are massively improved.

Playing a lot of golf this week: 18 holes tomorrow and Thursday, a Cross Country game Friday and another 18 on Saturday. Hoping that it will click on teh course and they'll be some good scores in there. Playing Ufford Park for the first time Thursday so it will be interesting to see how my game travels. If the latest tweak works I'll be buying my pro a couple of cold ones come Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment