Wednesday 20 April 2011

Bare faced lie

No I haven't been telling porky pies but I have been seeking out dried out hard pan ground to practice on. Why? My thinking is that the margin for error is smaller and less forgiving. The verdict? A worthwhile albeit frustrating activity. It will certainly help me prepare for facing the occasional nasty lie I'll get on a round. However, the most interesting thing was when I moved onto a better lie it became so much easier. I even managed to hit a few flops off those tight dusty lies.

I've not had a proper chance to test my new chipping on course, that is happening tomorrow, but I feel more confident, more composed, better equipped and more capable. If you struggle with your chipping I recommend you give X Factor chipping a go and when you get the Bhangra of it have a practice on hard pan lies. Hopefully you'll have an epiphany like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment