Saturday 20 November 2010

Worth his weight...

Just come back from an absolutely brilliant lesson. I was a little apprehensive because things had gone so well on Thursday and I didn't want any technical thoughts seeping in ahead of Sunday. So there I am standing on the mat, poised like a panther ready to show my pro just how far I've come...what the f....my swings gone I must have left it in the car, at home oh no I left it on the range!!!

He narrows my stance and gets me to just have some half practice swings. Nice and relaxed. Now he's talking to me about simple symmetry. Just allow your hands to rotate, nice and naturally. Yeah that feels better, more fluid. Right now just hit some with that narrower stance and shorter backlift. Bingo! The swing is back, clipping them nicely with the 8 iron out to about 135 yards, effortless. We chat some more, I hit some more and it all feels so good, so natural. Dispersion pattern significantly improved but most importantly I feel in control, just like I did on Thursday. Can I take it onto the course? Well I'll get the answer to that question tomorrow but my aim is simple, score points on every hole.

The poll on Sunday's competition is now closed with 50% of you expecting a score of sub 27 and another 25% believing I may get up as far as 30. I hope to prove you wrong and the two optimists right :). Tune in tomorrow evening to find out how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment