Friday 12 November 2010

Green shoots of recovery

After Sunday's disaster I have had a pretty busy week at work and this has prevented me from getting any practice in. Perhaps that was a good thing. Had planned to go to the range last night and as I was getting ready to leave the house we had a power cut, meaning I had to stay in.

Managed to get some practice in today though and I'm hoping that the first green shoots of recovery are starting to show through. I spent time working individually on three different elements of the swing and then attempted to bring them together and succeed to some extent.

In terms of changes I've:
  1. slowed down my tempo and shortened my back swing
  2. worked on stopping my left wrist from hinging and bringing my left arm across my body more
  3. not looking up to early and keeping that right knee flexed
I had some success in improving my dispersion and was pleased with my progress today. Now comes the tricky part. I am playing tomorrow morning and intend on going out there and 'schlapping it around'. Not worrying or thinking about any of the practice from today, just using whatever swing I've brought and getting the ball in the hole. Then on Monday back to bedding in the changes during practice.

It's an alien approach to me as it's only the second time I've learnt a sport as an adult. The first was pole vaulting but we'll save that topic of conversation for another time.

1922 Cup nine days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment