Thursday 18 November 2010

The countdown begins...

Well my biggest competition of the year is drawing closer and I have to say I am really looking forward to it. Up till now I have played in standard monthly medals, but this is my first crack at an Honours Board competition. Been out on my lunch break to practice with my wedges as I had a bit of a mini disaster with them last weekend. It seems as though some of the practice I have been doing on swing plane is bedding in, I just need to be patient and accept it will take time before it becomes an automatic natural process.

One thing for certain is that I am not feeling any undue pressure from the blog predictions as you guys seem fairly convinced I'm going to have a bit of a tough time this weekend. The poll is open till Friday so plenty of opportunity for any last minute votes to be cast.

I have always believed that there is no point entering any competition unless you believe you can win it.  If I play like I did for the first 7 holes last weekend I know I am in with a shout. That said the main plan is to go out there and enjoy the stableford format, safe in the knowledge that one or two bad holes won't necessarily put me out of the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment