Saturday 27 November 2010

Hello tweeps!

I have finally buckled and succumed to the allure of Twitter. I have fought a gallent and noble defence but in the end working with youn people and not being part of the social networking phenomena led to too much ridicule. At 31 being labelled an old man/antiquated dinosaur was bad enough but the chirps of "technophope" cut deep. So when Golf Monthly recently put out the shout for Twitter subscribers I buckled.

I'm still a bit of a novice and am only following golfers, as they are the only people at the moment whose day to day activities would interest me. Poulter is by far the leader of the pack, Westwood is very new on and Tiger Woods' attempts are a PR exercise gone horribly wrong.

I don't tweet much myself, what's the point when you have no followers, but the banter between the golfer's is really amusing at times. I just asked Westwood for his old driver as Poults was ribbing him for outdriving him a few times yesterday.

Anyway, I'd recommend joining the fun. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. By the way to celebrate his 10th tour win Poults has offered 10% discount for 10 days in his online store

http://bit.ly/hpYhYo and enter TXW101 at checkout.

Oh and if you'd like to boost my follower base I'm @tigerdes

2 comments:

  1. Oh god no, another one bites the dust.

    "The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant. That few stood against many. And before this war is over, even a Twitter can bleed."

    "Strength and Honour"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 300 meets Gladiator nice! My money's on King Leonidas and the Spartans.

    ReplyDelete