Friday 30 April 2010

In the mag...

Delighted to have appeared in this months GM with a course review and a forum thread I started. Only ever appeared in a mag once before when I got letter of the month for a playstation rag about 10 years ago. Poor black box is now gathering dust, bar the odd outing to play a blu-ray or a childrens DVD. All that processing power sitting idle yearning to grapple with Heavy Rain or God of War III. Gazing miserably out of the window as I work feverishly on my chipping in the garden. How times change?

This is huge. The fact that I'd rather hack my garden to shreds, clipping little white balls into a plastic box, than sit in front of the plasma immersed in a virtual reality is quite a turn around. Especially as once I'm back inside, I would prefer to flick on the freesat box and watch the Masters all over again. I'm more than a convert, I'm a born again golfer, a disciple of the lore of the Royal & Ancient.

Comments:

Simon Hutton
Love this post man for these reasons:

1) I’ve just had a review accepted for a coming edition of the mag too! (did you get a prize, by the way?)

2) liking the use of convert & born-again style language – to me (a minister in a Christian church) that is music to my ears!

Will look out for your review when I buy the mag and take it on holiday with me next week.

Tiger
Didn’t know/think there were prizes for every review. Thought there was just a one off one for a star review. Not received anything but to be honest it’s just nice to write something that got used. If something does come through the post I’ll be double chuffed. Glad you liked the blog post but think I need to pull my finger out and do something spectacular on a golf course soon though! At the moment my scores are going the wrong way

Simon Hutton
writing about golf is one thing playing is quite another!! I’m quite good at the former…

No comments:

Post a Comment