Saturday 24 April 2010

Frankie says...

Played a new course today. Brett Vale situated off the A12 between Ipswich and Colchester is a stunning little course particularly the stretch from hole 4-11. The greens were hollow toned and a little bobbly but that doesn't excuse the poor quality of my putting today. Way too much pace for most of the day with my distance judgement only really improving on the last four holes.

Lesson of the day is that I need to relax more. The swing and ball striking are definitely there. Too much pressure on myself on the par 3's saw me fall apart on pretty much all of them. Hole 10 Death or Glory I chose death not clearing the tee on my first, sticking the second in a bunker and then criss crossing the green for a 7.

Looking back through my notes of the day they are pretty much all iron shots, mainly when I relaxed. What hurt me today was my chipping and putting from the fringe. Thing is that and my putting are the two elements of my practice that have taken a back seat this month. Conversely, the iron practice is paying dividends.

Brett Vale is much more forgiving than Waldringfield but that said I lost just one ball today (a refurb into the pond on 4). That was one shot off the tee. Rest of the round I played with one ball, never done that before, ever!

Didn't score on one hole as we couldn't find my ball. We thought it had dropped short and been lost in the forest when it had in fact cleared the green. So for 17 holes I carded 103. The first sub 100 is coming and hopefully sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment